Dental veneers are custom made to the contour of your teeth and are bonded to the tooth's original enamel during a series of in-office procedures:
- The dentist will clean the tooth and determine the correct shade for the veneer.
- An impression will be made for the laboratory and a temporary veneer will be placed on the tooth
- After the laboratory has delivered the veneer to your dentist, the temporary veneer is removed and the tooth is cleaned. The veneer is then etched (coated with a protective layer), rinsed thoroughly with water and air-dried. The adhesive is placed on the preparation, and then the cement, and the veneer is placed for exact fit and contour.
- The veneer is then light cured for 60 seconds on all surfaces of it to attach it to the tooth structure.
- Your dentist will remove any excess material and polish the margins of the veneer.
Veneers are a less intrusive option than crowns or braces. However, this treatment isn't reversible, so having them placed is a big decision. Call Arkadelphia Dental Care at 870-246-2242 for a consultation with our dentist to see if veneers are right for you.